Ben and Derrick are together again, at MicroConf and working on their new products and businesses. From making T-shirts to thinking about finding funds, things are continuing to move forward.
Derrick is focusing on Level, an open source team communication and management tool. Ben is considering the name, Tuple, for his pair programming tool alternative for Screenhero. He is focusing on all things business-related, from equity to entity options.
Today’s Topics Include:
- What’s equity? Ben determines how to break up partnership percentages for his company
- Each partner will have their moment in the sun, and contribute more or less at various times
- Forming an entity; should Ben’s business be an LLC, corporation, private company...?
- Domain scheme options when it comes to handles and extensions
- Ben’s next milestone is to do a small alpha, and charge people to use it
- Embedding iframes, custom domain options, and promotions
- How cagey to be about technology being used; the secret sauce and general public licenses
- Learning how to pitch a product and what resonates with people
- Tools can be improved, and education on how to use them needs to be provided
- Is Slack the problem, or the people who use it?
- On premise vs. Cloud options; the pros and cons
If you’re enjoying the show please give us your ratings and reviews in iTunes.
Links and resources: