The true life of an entrepreneur! From backgrounds to beards, change is in the air for both Ben and Derrick. Ben is a 36-year-old man who is back living with his parents temporarily to save some cash. Ben considered himself a minimalist, until he realized just how much stuff he had to move. So, he hired movers.
Derrick describes the importance of documenting lessons learned and accumulating knowledge. As a result, he got his first paying customer for StaticKit. A meager $10 in revenue is greater than zero.
Today’s Topics Include:
- Tuple: All for One, or One for All? Ben seeks advice on whether to make significant changes to app to satisfy single prospect that requires single sign-on (SSO) support
- Authentication and Security Schemes: Increasing scope intimidates and impacts legacy engineering decisions
- Big Decisions equal Big Bucks: Good but challenging problem to have in business
- Free to paid options for Derrick’s StaticKit turns into inflexible data model
- Got one, get more: Freemium customer converts to first StaticKit paid subscriber
- Derrick’s Next Step with StaticKit: Default state of being sustainable and breaking even on personal expenses
- Solo Founder: Tricky to find good fit of founder to do everything and grow quickly
- Keep Shipping Away: Set weekly goals to achieve and celebrate wins
Links and resources:
Derrick Reimer Website
Derrick Reimer on Twitter
Ben Orenstein Website
Ben Orenstein on Twitter