The feeling of accomplishment you get from doing hard things has become Derrick’s way of living recently. Building a startup like Level is hard, but he feels good when he makes small wins. It’s rewarding when he makes progress.
Ben is on a roll right now with Tuple. He’s making progress and getting stuff done. His Pairing Programming Guide is turning people into Tuple subscribers.
Today’s Topics Include:
- Have people with high standards read and review your writing to get feedback
- Ben’s article, The Case for Pair Programming, was on the front page of Hacker News
- Ben’s marketing efforts for Tuple have increased its number of subscribers
- Derrick has a unique challenge of prioritization, so he set a deadline
- Derrick used Postgres to build a rudimentary search into Level
- By the end of October, Derrick should have people/teams to test and use Level
- Product Task List: After you launch, that’s not the end, it’s the beginning
- Balancing personal finances with no income; set the bar high, but don’t sell yourself short
Links and resources:
Derrick Reimer Website
Derrick Reimer on Twitter
Ben Orenstein Website
Ben Orenstein on Twitter