Derrick’s been traveling and finding inspiration from re-reading Deep Work, a kind of manifesto of what Level stands for. He’s discovering how to position and market Level, as well as recognize things in his own work patterns that need to change.
Ben’s been feeling anxiety and thinking about Tuple’s broader mission and impact on the world. He believes deep work can be accomplished through the powerful practice of pair programming.
Today’s Topics Include:
- Embracing Boredom: Derrick removed Twitter and email client from his phone as dependence on distraction
- Recruiting next wave of paying customers; reminding people what Level is and why they should care about it
- Learning is a valid category of work you can do during the day; productive use of time
- Ability to go deep and focus is a skill most people have lost; getting back into the mindset
- Tuple’s mission and onboarding campaign; selling a solution to an underlying problem
- Apprenticeship: Learn and gain expertise from peers
- Derrick’s main piece of content for Level may not be about specific tool to achieve mindful workplace
- Celebrating call quality feedback feature in Tuple; customized CRM to close the deal
Links and resources:
Derrick Reimer Website
Derrick Reimer on Twitter
Ben Orenstein Website
Ben Orenstein on Twitter