Derrick spent his birthday at the north shore of Lake Superior to disconnect and getaway. Yet, he found some time to brainstorm and problem solve for StaticKit.
Ben’s back from Martha’s Vineyard, only to experience less positive updates for Tuple. For the first time, Tuple is shockingly “in the red” financially. So, he feels guilty about going away.
Today’s Topics Include:
- Slow Growth: Substantially fewer Tuple trial signups than previous time periods
- Marketing and Sales Strategy: From being the new tool on the block to steady state where Ben has to earn new Tuple customers
- Bullseye Framework: Derrick re-read his go-to startup guide to select StaticKit’s repeatable traction channels
- Tuple’s Q4 objectives and key results (OKRs): Fill top of funnel to increase new email subscribers and trials to continue to grow
- Ben’s future plans to gather marketing and sales information/intelligence by advertising and appearing on dev-related podcasts
- Design Matters: Impacts people’s perception of product and builds trust
Links and resources:
Derrick Reimer Website
Derrick Reimer on Twitter
Ben Orenstein Website
Ben Orenstein on Twitter